Twitter Box

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, March 02, 2007

    Austen Nation

    So as of late I've been on a huge Jane Austen kick. I read Pride and Prejudice and then watched the 5 hour (1995) BBC version adapted from the book then went out and bought the tenth anniversary limited edition (DVD) and watched it again. Then I watched the 2005 version (Keira Knightley) just to compair (it has nothing on the 1995 version). Then went to my friend's house and watched it again! So in all I've watched it like 4 times (not all at once of corse, over a couple weeks) but I just loned it out to a friend and when it comes back...... Yep, I'm gonna watch it again....... I don't know what the deal is I just love it! I know it's crazy but I didn't stop there..... I just had my birthday (on the 27th of Feb) and I asked for verious Austen novels and DVDs. That's right I'm not just a P&P freak but I'm a total Jane Austen freak (and proud of it). I have all but two of her novels and three of her works adapted to DVD...... I now own (on DVD) the before mentioned Pride and Prejudice, Emma (Gwyneth Paltrow) and Sense and Sensibility (Emma Thompson, Kate Winslet and Hugh Grant). The novels I've yet to get are Mansfield Park, and Northanger Abbey and the DVDs for those two and Persuasion, then my collection will be complete.

    If you haven't heard about Jane Austen or her works you really should look into it. I'm sure you'll not regret it.

    J@KE

    4 comments:

    Sarah Barlow said...

    Jake I'm proud to call you my friend!! hehe!!! Can't wait to watch Wives and Daughters!! :)

    J@KE said...

    Dear Miss Barlow,

    I assure you the pleasure is all mine and I too am anxious for the arrival of that day.

    Thanks again,

    J@KE

    Samantha F. said...

    Guys who like chick flicks crack me up!! Hee hee, it's not an assault on your masculinity (my brother like p and p too), I just think it's fun.

    Everyone knows women have the best taste in movies anyway! ^_^

    J@KE said...

    WOW! Samantha thanks...... I think

    It's just the way God wired me so I don't know about woman having the best taste in movies.......

    J@KE