Twitter Box

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, April 27, 2006

    Death in the family

    I haven't posted in a while because....... Well the title kinda speaks for it's self. The truth is... He wasn't part of my direct family but rather my VERY close (as close as you can get without being blood) church family; in fact he was the pastor (the father of our "family" since 1973). He poured his life into me, my family and a bunch of other families in our little community. He was like a second father to me and it has broken my heart to see him go. I know it's always hard to see someone you love go but I just didn't think he would go so soon. His death while being untimely was also unexpected. You see He was only 53 and now will miss seeing the last of his children get married and his fifth grandchild come into the world. Yet all that he will miss down hear can not compare to the riches and glory he is experiencing right now. The thought of Him enjoying every moment pain free in the presence of his Creator is what gives me hope. I am now challenged to continue and carry on His legacy to the generations that come after me. It has been my privilege to know this man and be excepted into "his family". He is truly missed already.......

    A Friend of God March 2, 1953 - April 16, 2006

    J@KE

    4 comments:

    amynave said...

    It's soooo awesome that God put such an amazing man in your life. That's why we have to make each day count and by the way you described him, he did:)

    Sorry for your lost, but can you imagine the fun he is having right now:)

    You're In my prayers

    Sarah Barlow said...

    ditto Amy!!
    Man, you know that I'm praying for you guys:)

    J@KE said...

    Thanks Amy and Sarah. all prayers are treasured.

    thanks again,

    J@KE

    amynave said...

    Jake....... It's time for an update:)