Twitter Box

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, February 28, 2008

    Birthdays are great!

    Yesterday I just had my 26th birthday. I didn't do anything special but I did have a good time doing what I did.... LOL I kinda just lazed around the house all day. I did talk to Abby Smith via video chat (video chat is totally cool!) then read my book some and took a "cat nap". As I was "napping" I was listening to my new favorite CD and thinking/praying about the new MacBook Pro and whether or not I would get one. I called one of my pastors to pray about this and see what the Lord might want me to do in this situation and we concluded that I really need to hear God in this. And when I do hear God about it, I'll have no doubts about what I'm supposed to do. I prayed with another friend about it and then talked to Abby again while checking my e-mail. My family and I ordered pizza and watched a movie. A very pleasant day over all.

    5 comments:

    Kevin Von Qualen said...

    happy birthday :)

    Sarah Barlow said...

    HA! I'm praying about the same thing!! We should just go together tonight and each buy one! :)
    hehe!

    McPherson said...

    Sometimes you have to take a step forward before you see the next one. Start moving in one direction and the Shepherd of yor soul will direct your steps. Have you committed it to Him? Then move and see where He leads.

    The good thing is that if you DON'T have a NO you can go and if it turns out you were wrong, you can always retrun it. Just be disciplined about it and keep it all before the Lord. Or you can move forward WITHOUT it and see what other blessing may be around the corner - who knows but that it is simply not time yet. Don't be so afraid to make a mistake. Stay away from Rebellion and keep close to His heart - He WILL lead you.

    He is our Shepherd.

    McPherson said...

    OK - I just clicked on your links for your book, pizza, movie and cd

    You're the man.

    amynave said...

    ve1176
    Do you have something that you'd like to share with the class??? :)