Twitter Box

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, January 23, 2008

    Ice Skating = Sprained Shoulder.... X-(

    So I went Ice Skating yesterday with my sisters..... It was a blast! I had not been ice skating in years so it was lots of fun, all the way up until I slipped while trying to stop..... but wait there's more.... I had my camera in my hands.... Yep! So I slipped and my only thought was "SAVE MY BABY!!!" but then after the split second that it takes to make sure my baby (my 5D) is safe, my humanity kicked in and the next thought was "I'm falling so I must stick out my arm and save myself"...... Well I found out that ice is not forgiving.... I would compare it to forgetting your Anniversary but I don't know anything about that yet so I'll just stick to..... Ice is not forgiving at all!!!!..... Back to the story..... So I'm falling and I stick out my right hand to save myself (my baby securely tucked like a football in my left arm) and I find out another thing about ice...... It's pretty gosh darn slippery!!!!! You guessed it... My right hand (as quickly as I could think to put it down) slipped out and I crashed like a sack of potatoes thrown onto the ice..... This action resulted in me spraining my shoulder and smacking my head and knee on the ice...... I am alright and I saw a Dr. who said it'll be tender for a while but you'll live..... Ok so I add the you'll live part. The moral of the story is..... A) Don't go ice skating with your camera unless you know what you are doing and even then..... think! and B) When you are ice skating, don't fall! ;-P

    Here's some shots before the fall....





    9 comments:

    abigail smith said...

    Sorry to hear about the shoulder... Hope ya get better soon.

    It's always good to learn things from our mistakes and it seems like you have.

    ~Abby

    Natalie Joy said...

    well you should've taken me with you!
    I could've taught you how to not fall:P wait...how do you not fall??? lol
    When are we going to do another movie night!!! Sarahs gone but right when she gets back we totally should! Gilbert Blythe is calling my name. lol
    :)

    J@KE said...

    Oh Gill.... I love Gill.... I can't wait!!! We're totally gonna do it.....

    J@KE

    Natalie Joy said...

    ahhhh jake, I couldn't hold myself back. I watched Anne of GG tonight...only the first one....but omg omg I completely forgot how much i absolutely love that movie, so don't worry! I will definitely watch it again! Even if its next week:) Cant wait!!!
    wait...you love Gill? lol jk shouldn't it be that you love anne and I love Gill? oh btw they're like forty now...haha

    Andrew PC Smith said...

    Sorry to hear about your shoulder, hope it heals up soon. At least you weren't trippin' backward to fall on the neck.

    BTW, there's a new video on my blog, and you're in it. Just thought you might be interested. X-)

    Pete said...

    Wow, really stinks bout ur shoulder. Hope u get better soon, glad ur cameras okay.

    Brad Drennan said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Brad Drennan said...

    Hey Jake! Sorry to hear about you falling and spraining your shoulder! get better! It looks like I will be coming out on the 15th to 17th.
    -Brad D.

    McPherson said...

    OUCH!!!

    My friend at work fell and at first her doctor thought she had broken her clavicle - ow. Then he told her she had torn her rotator cuff. So, my friedn, it could be worse.