Twitter Box

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, September 03, 2007

    Trusting His Heart


    Have you ever had one of those kind of days where God messes up your life (or I should say the life you think you have)? He has done this to me in recent days. It's the kind of messing up where you think your life is fine and your relationships are all good (or at least close to how you want them) and He (in His absolute wisdom) comes and says NOPE that's not how I want it. Truthfully I can say it's not a bad messing up (even though My feelings might tell a different story) because how can we as "the creation" ever complain about what He's doing and what gives us the right to think we are in control of our lives? And yet we do loose sight of His absolute wisdom, and we do think we are in control, so when He comes and says "I want you to go another way or give up this relationship and focus on Me" we are all upset and stop trusting His heart. This is (by far) the worst thing we can do and it's exactly what God's enemy wants us to do. When we are all upset at something God Himself "The creator of the universe" has said.... we are playing right into satan's hands. How do you think this makes "The lover of our souls" feel when His Bride (that's us) chooses His enemy. This can be likened unto a man's wife SLEEPING with another man and not just any man but one who is his enemy! (I'm sorry for the graphic language but it's the truth) I know for me that would make me FURIOUS!! (and I'm not even married yet, but I know I'd have thoughts of killing the other man; and justly so) I'm not here to tell you what you have to do but playing into "the enemie's" hands should make us sick... All I know is God can be trusted. In whatever situation your in, in whatever messed up spot you got yourself in or whatever place He's telling you to trust Him, His heart is always for you and He can always be trusted. I'm not just saying this to make you feel better or because I read this somewhere...... I'm living proof that He CAN be trusted! I must make the choice every day (sometimes every second) to trust that He knows what He's doing (because most of the time it doesn't make sense to my earthly mind) and whatever He tells me to do He's always right (no matter how I feel). I'm learning every day that God is God no matter what people say and my hope for you is that you open up your heart to trusting His

    8 comments:

    Sarah Barlow said...

    Interesting! I'd love to know the story behind this post! We have to catch up soon!!!
    I'll be gone for a couple weeks but when I get back we HAVE to watch North and South!!!
    BTW...we JUST finally watched THE WHOLE wives and daughters without skipping the second part! LOL! :) I hope you are doing AWESOME!;)

    J@KE said...

    I am doing AWESOME and thank you for commenting. We do have to watch North&South soon (or at least before we die would be good). Let me know when you get back from where ever you're going so we can make a plan.

    That's funny about Wives&Daughters... I'm sorry we missed the second part but I guess it worked out. :-P

    Talk to ya soon,

    J@KE

    McPherson said...

    Jacob - thi sputs me in mind of the whole "upside down" season we went through in Wild Water - remember?

    Just when we begin to think that God is crazy and is turning our world upside down, we begin to see that what is upsdie down to us is actually right side up to God and that the whole time, WE were the ones who were upside down. And what we thought was solid stable ground was actually a craggy cliff side upon which we were precariously perched with buzzards circling our heads. We sat there for so long that we called it home, chisled our name on the ledge, boasted of how great our crevace was and took comfort in the familiarity of the circling vultures. Now God takes us from there and places us in wide open spaces with gren fields and still waters and we don't even recognize it as GOOD.

    We are so screwed up!
    Thank God for mercy!

    I'd say "hang tight" but I think "let go" is more appropriate!

    littlezion said...

    Thanks for passing my love around.

    I'm Kristen said...

    wow. very insightful post.
    I love it when God just forces me to let Him be God. He is amazing like that :D

    Albumesque said...

    Hey I want details too!!!!! When are we grabbing lunch? LOL

    Thanks for your post this morning. Wish you could have been there too:)

    amynave said...

    Hey That was me:)

    Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

    Thanks for sharing the words of your heart. It was what I needed to be reminded of in the exact moment I read it. God is good! And thanks for your compliments on my Facebook!