Twitter Box

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, September 12, 2007

    I <3 Soccer

    The opportunity of a life time came to me just a couple weeks ago so I jumped on it. I work with Juan, right? You know, the guy from the last post?? Right, so I was listening to the Spanish station on the radio (don't laugh, and no, I don't undersand all of what they are saying but I was doing it for Juan OK? Gosh!) when Juan said (because even though I was listening really hard......... I still don't understand what they are saying) Brazil was gonna be playing USA on the 9th of September and tickets were going on sale! I practly jumped out of my skin! Two of the greatest teams in the world going head to head in my home town?!? Not to mention playing the sport that I love on a field that I love! Who could say no? I ravenously hunted down ways I could get a hold of these tickets and when I found them... I pounced. I had heard that these tickets could be upwards of $200 but I was willing to sell my right arm if that's what it would take (actually that's stretching the truth just a little, but I really did want a good seat). The really good seats (front row) were all sold out when I went to make my purchase so I had to settle for twelve rows back (I know what you're thinking.... I was willing to pay 200 bucks for one ticket but I setteled for twelve rows back!?) Lets be realistic, the twelveth row price was 60 bucks and they were right where I wanted to sit anyway so...... Yeah, I setteled but instead of taking only one other person with me.... I took three. Ha! Take that, you front row buying people! Basically I paid $60 a seat and the view was awesome.... The game was awesome.... The company was awesome..... The only thing that wasn't awesome.... I missed the last two goals because I was getting snacks and drinks (yes I'm not happy about that but it was still all worth it)

    Here are some shots from the game....





















    4 comments:

    Andrew Barlow said...

    dude!!!! Thats AMAZING!!!! I heard that they were playing but I had no idea that it was here!! niiiiiice

    littlezion said...

    I thought you might get defensive when you saw what I captured in that amazing shot.

    (totally kidding of course)

    Thanks for realizing my girls are cute I love it when people find that out! (lol)

    Talk to you later.

    Anonymous said...

    Jake - so great! What a fun opportunity! I am debating if I want to tell Gary. He is from Brazil, you know . . . .

    (ok so his mom is from there but he did live there for a majority of his kid life. Speaks Portuguese and everything! Yes, family get togethers are quite fun/difficult)

    Sarah Renée said...

    AHH!!! That's so sweet!!! I am so flippin' jealous of you....my dad & brother were there too! When I found out, everything in me wanted to hop on a plane and fly up to see it w/ them!! But alas, here I am, 8 hours away. Sigh. Life goes on :)