Twitter Box

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, September 17, 2007

    Chew on this!

    I was reading in Genesis, about Noah and the flood when, it got me thinking how deep the Ocean was at the time of the flood(Genesis 7:20).... Well I came up with this....

    If Mount Everest (29,028 ft. Geology.com) was the same height as it is now, at the time of the flood, then the depth of the water would've been 29,050.5 feet deep ( which is 5.5019886 miles)! (based upon the theory that one cubit is 18 inches). So, taking the deepest known part of the ocean today, Mariana Trench,(11"21' North latitude and 142" 12' East longitude, which is 35,840 feet deep) if the trench was that deep at the time of the flood and Everest was the same height as it is today, at the time of the flood, then the depth of the flood waters would've been 64,890.5 ft. (12.289867 miles and 28,890.972 pounds of pressure per square inch which is 875.484x your body weight which would make me weigh 153,209.7 pounds at that depth)! That's a lot of water! If all this is true then I have one question..... Where did all the water go!? :-P

    Just a little somethin' that got me brain-storming,

    J@KE



    3 comments:

    littlezion said...

    That's so cool! It's funny during my time at the house of prayer last night I was reading about Noah too...

    It's funny how so many people put Genesis accounts off as children's stories. They are soooo deep. And worth pondering about for long periods of time. ;)

    Ben said...

    hah - I'm a scientist; I don't have answers to the questions like that, they only make me question more.
    Dinosaurs, viruses, homo habilus - they all got me.

    Andrew Barlow said...

    Thats deep dude :P