Twitter Box

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, June 07, 2007

    We're Back!!!!

    This is not horror film, or a story (and I'm totally not making this up) it is merely a fact. The 17-Year-Cicadas have officially landed (or should I say emerged)! They have taken over the ground, and the trees, the airways and the sound waves. The earth (or at least the very small section around my house) is full of them (and on top of that, they tast good with honey). Believe me when I tell you with a little tomato, garlic and some basil in a sandwich they aren't even taste-able. There are of course other ways you can eat them.... You can just pop 'em (the whole thing live and kickin')! They are very high in protine (especially the females because they are full of about 600 eggs) but they are in the shellfish family so if you have allergies to shellfish don't try them. If you really want to look manly or if you're trying to impress your friends or if you just want to try something you won't be able to eat for another seventeen years...... Look online for ways to cook them or just go outside and eat a few. :-P

    Happy hunting! :-P

    PS. If eating them is just turning your stomach right now, then you can just look at the pictures (and think about me eating them)........ {for those that are wondering, I've tryed them all three ways mentioned above}




















    7 comments:

    Kevin Von Qualen said...

    Oh man, I moved just in time! I remember those things from when I was a kid...I had swim lessons and they'd have to scoop cicadas out of the pool :P

    Um, I can't say that I'd ever eat them unless fifty grand was up for grabs on Fear Factor!!

    Sarah Barlow said...

    Oh!! Jake is you were hungry you should have just called me and I would've treated you to a meal!! I'm sorry you had to resort to that!;)
    OMG!! UM.....that IS officially the nastiest thing I've ever seen...HAHAH!! Wow.

    Sarah Renée said...

    EWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's so disgusting!!!!!!!!! That last picture was the "best" (meaning most disturbing) way to end your line of photos Jake! GROSS!!

    Natalie Joy said...

    Jake that is plain and simply DISGUSTING! ewwwwwwwww. I'd much rather think of you as a cool dude who likes chick flicks (or everything "chick" related) rather than a cicada eater.:P

    Samantha F. said...

    So you were on Fear Factor??

    J@KE said...

    I know it's gross but it's all a part of the mysterious Mr. Preedin. I like Chick flicks and I like to try things that most others wouldn't (just to see if I can do it).

    J@KE

    amynave said...

    SICK!!!! I'm seriously about to barf:) That last shot totally killed me. The little head sticking out of your sandwich...... eeeeewwwwwww........

    Ok Jake time cover this post with a nice sweet shot of chocolate or how about ice cream:) U r toooo funny:)