Twitter Box

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, December 09, 2006

    And the winner is....

    Well out of the THOUSANDS (or should I say 2) of you that "went out on a limb" and guessed...... One of you is correct (I think). Kevin Von Qualen you guessed: "vaulted ceiling of a church" which is correct but I was looking for which church and I don't know what a "Tron" is so I'll give you the win but not the prize (because there wasn't a prize anyway). Shyla gets the prize (even though there isn't one) for most interesting guess and the only one to include puke in their guess (great job Shy) lol.

    So the real answer is......

    The Air Force Academy Chapel in Colorado Springs, Colorado (yay!)

    It's totally the coolest chapel I've ever seen.... But the coolest part is, it's entirely made out of pieces from aircraft wings!!!

    here's some pics.......



































































































































































































































































































    Thanks for playing everyone!!!

    J@KE out. Booya!

    8 comments:

    Kevin Von Qualen said...

    haha! didn't you ever see the movie "Tron"??? it's 80's :)

    That chapel is awesome! Are those your pics? When were you out there? It's beautiful! I've only seen a couple pictures, but not realizing it was aircraft wings.


    boooyaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

    Shyla said...

    LOL... sweet!!!
    I think that place looks awesome!!
    I have always been facinated with the military...especially the airforce ( blame it on Top Gun) so that makes it extra-specialer!! ;)

    J@KE said...

    First of all, I love the booyaaaaaaaaaaa! Great use of the multiple letter emphasis on the "a". It totally works. lol.

    I think I did see Tron....... It's the movie that's REALLY 80's and really cheesy...... Isn't it about some space thing or planet or something like that? Is it where the kid beats the video game and then has to save the planet or something??

    I don't remember it very well as you can see and totally don't remember anything like my pictures in it so...... Yah, I don't know......

    Yes I took these and as I was posting this I looked for the link for it and there are some pictures almost the same as the ones I took.

    I was out there in June like the second week or something like that and it was totally awesome!

    I've done some research on wether or not it's made out of jet wings and I couldn't find any supporting info but that's what the family we (my brother, cousin and I) went out there to see said so I don't know....... It'd be really cool if it were and I don't know that it's not but I couldn't find anything on it so well just have to believe that it's true until proven guilty.

    I hope that clears up everything for you,

    J@KE out.

    PS. BOOYA!!!!!!

    J@KE said...

    Shy, I love Top Gun! My dad was in the Air Force so it was totally rockn' to see where all the "zoomies" are learnt. lol.

    The buildings and the grounds (right at the base of Pike's) are just awesome! On one side you're looking up the mountian and on the other you're looking out over the city of Colorado Springs! You gotta be there to get the real picture but all I can say is it was AWESOME!

    Shyla said...

    I just wanted to clarify that I KNOW that Top Gun wasnt airforce ( it was Navy) but that the whole idea of planes made me fall in love with the airforce!! uh, or maybe its the hot fly boys...lol ;)

    J@KE said...

    My cousin loves the boys too....... What's is with that?? 'course she also loves the sailors....... Why doesn't anyone like the Marines or Army oh well whatever...... I like them for a totally different reason so..... Yah,

    I'm gonna stop talking now, :-P

    J@KE out.

    J@KE said...

    You know it's pretty sad when the author of the blog is the one to post the most in the comments section......

    dough!

    J@KE out. Booya!

    Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

    Whoa, awesome shots!